forums

welcome! please login or register.

Ambition (4 comments)
Guigar
Lover

Sep 2007
Ambition
posted Friday, January 04, 2008 - 07:15 AM (#39899)
A READER WRITES . . . My Question is ... I've known my boyfriend for 5 years, and we've been together for about 1, hes 24, and a mailroom clerk. I desperately want him to go back to school and finish his degree, but Im not sure how to go about seriously asking him. He describes his last experience as horrid and a waste of time,but I think it would do him well. My biggest fear is that if we ever get married which he has spoken of before, he'll have no ambition and be stuck in a rut so to speak.
Locked profile
Snobahr
Lover

Jan 2008
Bisexuality and marriage (Score: 1)
posted Friday, January 04, 2008 - 01:54 AM (#39905)
Are you saying "a" woman, or a specific woman, that your wife wants to have fun with? Meet the potential friend, see how comfortable you are with her. If you don't like her/find her irritating/find it difficult to keep your tongue in your mouth/discover a 3rd part to your soul (assuming your wife is the 2nd part), talk to your wife! Seriously. Discuss the situation and ramifications. Put forth and (rationally) discuss hypothetical situations.

And don't forget to tell your wife that you love her. The most important part of keeping a happy marriage is good communication! Followed closely by being able to stand being with one another for long periods of time...

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
Re: Bisexuality and marriage (Score: 1)
posted Friday, January 04, 2008 - 02:09 AM (#39906)
In Response to Snobahr (#39905):

Yup, make sure you're communicating -- and don't just think you're communicating. Tell her that you love her. Point out (without whining!) that she's trying to unilaterally change the rules that you both agreed to. Find out if she has someone specific in mind. And ask her how she would like it, since you're strictly heterosexual, if you could have sex with some other woman without her (your wife) being present.

And don't gve in to blackmail. If she says, "Do it my way, or I'm leaving!" and you can't do it her way and be true to yourself, let her leave. You won't have lost anything.

Locked profile
Guigar
Lover

Sep 2007
Re: Ambition (Score: 1)
posted Friday, January 04, 2008 - 07:21 AM (#39909)

I goofed and posted the wrong question this week. Because I'm still a little new at this new forum, I'm only able to change the question -- instead of deleting the whole topic and starting over.

That's why the above two posts seem incongruous. It's my fault! They're answering a question you haven't seen! :)

My apologies to Snobahr and Murgatroyd -- who deserve better for being among the first to register for the new forum!

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
Re: Ambition (Score: 1)
posted Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 12:29 AM (#39939)
In Response to Guigar (#39909):

Heh. Our responses to that particular question do seem a little off the wall, don't they? ;-)

BTW, I really, really, really like the new format.

Locked profile
Discussion: Ambition | Login/Create an Account | 4 comments
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.