forums

welcome! please login or register.

Turned on... and on... and on... (11 comments)

Turned on... and on... and on...

Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:55 PM

A reader writes... My friend says she is always aroused. She says she is always secreting. Is this normal? She is very concerned about this. She is a very good friend of mine and I’d like to help her.
Gadfly
Lover

Feb 2008
Re: Turned on... and on... and on... (Score: 1)
posted Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:26 AM (#40933)

She should see an OB/Gyn. Now, arousal is one thing, but "always secreting" is a sign of a bruised cervix, which is a treatable medical condition.

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:16 AM (#40934)

I'll second that, with the "Urgency" knob turned up to 11!

There are other medical conditions that might give rise to the symptoms she's presenting. Get her to an OB/GYN!

Locked profile
TheOriginalJes
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, February 15, 2008 - 10:58 AM (#40935)

And I'll third that. Time may be of the essence, at this point. (Hopefully not, though. Good Luck!)

Locked profile
markdf
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, February 15, 2008 - 08:08 PM (#40943)
Does your friend believe that she is always aroused because of the fact that she is always "secreting"?

If she really is continually aroused ... goddam! That woman is going to make some guy really happy.

But it seems more likely that she has some kind of cervical or vaginal condition causing this, and she's just misinterpreting it as arousal -- not unlike a priapism (an erection that wont go away, and which has NOTHING to do with arousal whatsoever).

Locked profile
Keiface
Lover

Feb 2008
posted Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:47 AM (#40948)

I am constantly wet as well. I don't have any sort of problem, and I've been to a gyno plenty of times. I've had this before and after I got pregnant. In fact, a couple weeks ago I was actually dry for a couple days and I got worried. I ended up chafing down there. It was horrible.

Locked profile
markdf
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:00 PM (#40957)
In Response to Keiface (#40948):

I am constantly wet as well. I don't have any sort of problem, and I've been to a gyno plenty of times. I've had this before and after I got pregnant. In fact, a couple weeks ago I was actually dry for a couple days and I got worried. I ended up chafing down there. It was horrible.

Actually, it's normal for the vagina and cervix to be moist -- after all, they're mucus membranes. I think the question was more about secretion -- the kind that normally occurs during arousal.

Locked profile
jamesschardt
Lover

Feb 2008
posted Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:26 AM (#40958)

This is more about the comic, but I know exactly what the scientist's research consisted of:

"Let me tell you about my D&D Character..."

Locked profile
Keiface
Lover

Feb 2008
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 09:45 PM (#40988)
In Response to markdf (#40957):

Uh, yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about. My panties end up covered, and I can never go commando.

Locked profile
markdf
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:14 PM (#40989)
In Response to Keiface (#40988):

Uh, yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about. My panties end up covered, and I can never go commando.

You mentioned that you've seen your gynecologist about it. Did the doc have anything to say about it? Or was it just written off as "one of those things".

Is the ability to "go commando" some kind of requirement of living a happy and fulfilling life? As a man (and by extension, a person who lives in mortal fear of what zippers can do to Human anatomy), it's never really seemed particularly important. I suppose I would feel differently if I wore dresses/skirts/kilts, and could therefore benefit from not wearing underwear.

Locked profile
TheOriginalJes
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:08 AM (#40990)
In Response to Keiface (#40988):

(in an attempt to stay on a relevant topic)

You may want to get a second opinion. Having been through the medical machine with my wife, I know there are doctors out there who treat their practice/patients like an elective art class. It's not something everyone notices until something terribly wrong happens. It's never comforting to hear a doctor say, "...if we only caught it in time..."

My wife used to love her doctor in NJ, until the doctor refused to believe that my wife was actually suffering from an allergic reaction, to an unknown. That incident resulted in 5 days in the ICU (another scary medical story in itself).

My friend's wife had to have a complete hysterectomy at the age of 28 due to a RAPIDLY progressing cystic fibroid issue. She barely survived (thank you, God).

Locked profile
shagie
Lover

Feb 2008
posted Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 01:05 AM (#41010)

This can be a very real thing. 20/20 tonight (Feb 22) had an article on Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome - http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WaterCooler/story?id= 3676562&page=1

Locked profile
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.