forums

welcome! please login or register.

Make a Wish... (8 comments)

Make a Wish...

Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:15 AM

A reader writes...Q: I’m dating a guy I really like and want to give him a birthday present. I don’t know what to get. We’ve been dating six months. I don’t want to embarrass him, and I’d like it to be something he can use or really enjoys. Could you give me a few ideas?
markdf
Lover

Jan 2008
Re: Make a Wish... (Score: 1)
posted Friday, April 11, 2008 - 12:30 AM (#42102)

Nope.

I could suggest a few things that you buy for me though. Do you knit? I'd love a iPod cozy.

The thing is, you know your fella better than anyone else here, so you'd know best. I mean, you haven't even said what kind of guy he is. Is he a geek? Sports guy? Is he a jerk? I hear jerks really enjoy owning kickable dogs, so maybe a beagle or something would make a good gift. But if he's not a jerk, he might not enjoy a kickable dog quite so much.

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, April 11, 2008 - 02:27 AM (#42103)

I suspect she isn't really asking us what to get for him, but instead she wants to know how to find out what to get him.

If that's the case, I suggest a bit of detective work. For example:

* Does he subscribe to any specialty magazines? (Computers, audio, hobbies, sports/recreation, whatever.) Find some ads for products advertised therein, and start a conversation about them; he probably has opinions.

* Have you met his family? Ask them for clues.

* A long shot ... Do you know of an ex-girlfriend with whom he's still on reasonably good terms? She may have some ideas. (But make sure the ideas don't include getting back together with him or getting revenge on him!)

* What does he do for fun when he isn't with you?

Locked profile
markdf
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, April 11, 2008 - 08:49 AM (#42111)
In Response to Murgatroyd (#42103):

I suspect she isn't really asking us what to get for him, but instead she wants to know how to find out what to get him.

Are you sure? I was really hoping she'd make me an iPod cozy....

One trick that I know works well on boys is to take them shopping.

Like, suppose you need to buy some printer paper. Then you spend WAY too long picking it out, and keep on eye on which electronics your guy is eyeballing. Watch for the stuff that makes his eyes go all wide.

Guys aren't subtle. If you let one come within 50 metres of something that he wants, he'll make sure that you know it, whether you want to or not.

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 12:27 AM (#42134)

On the other hand, she could always just give him a blowjob.

;-)

Locked profile
Heartless
Lover

Apr 2008
posted Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 01:23 PM (#42137)
In Response to Murgatroyd (#42134):

I suspect she's looking for something a bit harder to decide on.

Gift cards are probable not something you want to give as you probably want something more 'personal'. However, they are a good backup.

Locked profile
interestedparty
Lover

Apr 2008
posted Monday, April 14, 2008 - 01:45 AM (#42149)
In Response to markdf (#42111):

Markdf; I don't knit, but how about a crocheted iPod cozy?

Also, in regards to advice.. ask his best friend. If you've been dating for 6 months, you should know who that is. Hopefully.

Locked profile
markdf
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 08:46 PM (#42182)
In Response to interestedparty (#42149):

Crocheted! Very nice. That would keep an iPod both warm and pretty.
Locked profile
anonymous
Lover

May 2008
posted Wednesday, May 14, 2008 - 01:24 AM (#42693)

Give him a scavenger hunt. Write a note with clues as to where to find the next note.

Example: You visit me every day to feed your belly. This leads to the refrigerator.

He looks in the refrigerator. A note is sticking front-and-center that says, "I love the way I cushion your tush as you make your way to & from the places you go every day". This leads to the driver's seat of his car.

You can get as creative as you like. Since you are on a sex-advice website, I suggest that each note get a little more sexually suggestive. Make him do it on his own. As he is out finding clues, you are getting yourself and the bedroom ready for his birthday present-- YOU. Make it special and wrap yourself in a bow & gift wrap. Use candles and incense.

He'll never forget it.

Locked profile
Discussion: Make a Wish... | Login/Create an Account | 8 comments
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

Errors happen...we apologize for the inconvenience.

Dumbrella Hosting has encountered an unexpected error.

We've been notified and will look into it.