forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

Short fuse...

Friday, May 16, 2008 - 01:03 PM

A reader writes... I love my husband dearly, but I do not love his short fuse. On many occasions he throws full blown temper tantrums, screaming obscenities at the top of his lungs and throwing whatever is in reach whenever he gets frustrated about something. I know that he loves me, but I'm worried about getting in the way of his temper and getting physically hurt as well as emotionally. He and I have talked about this many times and he says that he sees vast improvements, but I think that he is acting exactly the same if not worse. I'm thinking about leaving him, but I am not sure if it is the right thing to do. Should I keep dealing with his short fuse despite the danger, the embarrassment, and the emotional beatings or should I stay with him because he is trying to change to be a better person?

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.