forums

welcome! please login or register.

POLL RESULTS: TXT: 1-4-3: (7 comments)

POLL: TXT: 1-4-3

Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I've met a new guy and after a few dates everything is going well. There is this one awkward problem, however. He insists on communicating with me by texting to my cell phone. I rarely text and don't have it in my billing plan. So every time he texts me, which is quite often, I get charged. I'm not sure what to say to him without him thinking I'm a cheapskate or not with it, but, frankly, I much prefer talking to someone rather than texting. Especially someone I'm dating. What is a good way to tell him to stop texting?

POLL: Text or Talk? What's the best way to communicate with your lover?

0% (6) Text

64% (387) Talk

1% (9) IM

0% (2) E-mail

0% (3) Written letter

2% (17) Mix tape

29% (178) All of the above
602 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)
pollywog
Lover

Jul 2008
Re: TXT: 1-4-3 (Score: 1)
posted Friday, August 08, 2008 - 05:53 AM (#44146)

There's no need to appear cheap. If you don't like texting, let him know that you don't like texting and you prefer to talk and you don't even have texting on your plan. Then he'll be the cheap one if he's too cheap to call instead of text.

I answered "all of the above" to the poll because I think any way people want to communicate is fine for them, but any way that one of them doesn't want to communicate is not fine for the other.

Locked profile
ErikTheRed
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, August 08, 2008 - 11:15 AM (#44150)

Ummm... tell him to stop texting? I mean, seriously, this has to be the lamest question ever on this site. If he can't honor a tiny, simple, pathetic little request like that, he doesn't even merit meaningless drunken sex* let alone a serious relationship.

*Unless he's really, really good.

Locked profile
faile
Lover

Jun 2008
posted Friday, August 08, 2008 - 01:59 PM (#44155)

Unless cost is your sole factor in disliking text messaging, this has nothing to do with money.

It's also a request that everyone should be willing to honor.

Locked profile
pecoros7
Lover

May 2008
posted Friday, August 08, 2008 - 05:59 PM (#44161)

Perhaps the best way to tell him to stop texting you would be something like, "Stop texting me." It is a very straight forward request that he should respect. Also, theres nothing wrong with not wanting to pay 10 cents for every "lol" he feels the need to send.

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 03:40 AM (#44166)

What they said.

Locked profile
The7thDoctor
Lover

Mar 2007
posted Monday, August 11, 2008 - 12:19 AM (#44188)

I agree with everything everyone else has said, I don't need to add anything.

Locked profile
anonymous
Lover

May 2008
posted Monday, August 11, 2008 - 09:28 AM (#44193)

This texting bullshit is out of control.

Locked profile
Discussion: POLL: TXT: 1-4-3 | Login/Create an Account | 7 comments
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.