forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Will He Come Back?

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:00 AM

Since the newspaper column that this comic accompanies spends all of its space discussing answers to previous questions, we'll turn to another question e-mailed by a reader of the Courting Disaster Web site...

A reader writes... My boyfriend broke up with me last year for no apparent reason after 2 years of dating in a long-distance relationship. I have been miserable ever since. I love him and honestly want to spend the rest of my life with him. I feel like my other half has been ripped away.

I spoke to him after a few months of silence a couple of weeks ago. He said that he has missed me, and that he ended things because "it was starting to feel like a job."

I asked him if he'd want to give us another chance and he said "I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but I dont want to date right now, but maybe in time."

I want to keep in touch with him so that hopefully, when I go back up in May, his feelings might change. I dont want to smother him, though. I want him to love me again but I'm not sure if my hope is a false hope, or even how to go about things. What should I do?

POLL: What should this person do?

69% (823) Give up on this guy and move on

29% (343) Be patient. It could go either way.

1% (13) Wait it out. He'll come back
1179 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.