forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Revenge served cold

Monday, May 11, 2009 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes...Q: My husband and I became friends with a younger couple in our neighborhood about two years ago. I noticed that the other woman and my husband always sought each other out no matter where we were to talk and be close. He assured me that they were just friends, and I trusted him. After noticing that he was being very sneaky with his cell phone, I ordered copies of his cell-phone records. To my horror, I found that they had been having an "emotional affair" for at least six months. He said it had nothing to do with love, lust or sex, just two friends talking. Here is my problem: My husband is adamant that I not tell her husband. He says he's sorry and that it was a terrible mistake on his part. He has begged me to forgive him, but I don't know if I can ever forgive or forget. Do I just live with it or do I tell her husband and get the revenge I so desperately want?
POLL: Is an "emotional affair" worse than a physical affair?

2% (24) I'm female, and I say yes

5% (55) I'm female, and I say no

9% (96) I'm female, and I say it's the same

8% (91) I'm male, and I say yes

41% (420) I'm male, and I say no

32% (336) I'm male, and I say it's the same
1022 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, error-s2_perl@dumbrellahosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at 127.0.0.100 Port 8181