forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Say "when"...

Friday, July 17, 2009 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes...Q: How much time must pass before it is permissible to demand that a man make a commitment? My boyfriend and I have been dating for three years. We spend nearly every night together, at my place or his. Our relationship is great (I think), but I am 30 and would like to have some sense of my future with this guy. He's had a few relationships before, and he said they ended when the women started to pressure him. Do I give him an ultimatum and risk losing him? I really don't want to get back into the dating game. Or should I give him more time?

POLL: After three years of intimate dating, this woman should...

7% (105) ... dump her non-committal boyfriend

42% (603) ... give him a deadline, and be prepared to walk

37% (538) ... give him enough space to let him see what life would be like without her

1% (17) ... start seeing other men on the sly (just in case)

9% (132) ... be patient -- these things always work out

2% (40) ... try harder to please him
1435 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, error-s1_perl@dumbrellahosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at 127.0.0.100 Port 8181