forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Stork contrast

Friday, October 02, 2009 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I have been with this lovely girl for over two years. We have often talked about our hopes and dreams and everything seemed in alignment until a few days ago. She confessed that the dreams I thought we shared were not what she really wanted. I had hoped we would get married and have kids some day. It turns out she doesn't ever want kids and was only going along with it so I would stay with her. She doesn't think it would be fair to keep me from my dreams by stringing me along nor does she think it is fair of me to ask her to have kids. We love a lot of the same things and I imagined things going smoothly for a long time to come. I've tried talking to her and trying to compromise but there doesn't seem to be a way to make both of us happy. Beyond this one important issue there isn't anything else wrong with us and I love her dearly. We are both graduating college soon and we could head in different directions but realistically neither of us have a plan and I am not ready to say goodbye and I don't think she is either. So my question is now what?

POLL: What should this guy do?

11% (125) Stick it out. Maybe she'll change.

18% (201) Keep trying to find compromise.

56% (611) Break up. There's no future here.

1% (21) Try to convince her how fun kids can be.

11% (121) Give up on your hopes of having kids. You'll get used to it.
1079 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, error-s1_perl@dumbrellahosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at 127.0.0.100 Port 8181