forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: In the Stars...?

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I dated an astronomy lover for a while. We've not been a couple for a little more than a year, but we're still friends. Emotionally, we've both moved on. . . although she's hinted she'd be open to getting back together (not interested--we make better friends).

While dating, she gave me a telescope for a birthday gift one year. She's an astronomy buff and I think she wanted to give me something we'd both use. Thing is, I'm not that into it, so it's been sitting in my closet this whole time. I know she doesn't have one of her own.

I'm considering giving it back to her, the premise being she'd actually use it. However, I'm afraid it'll hurt her feelings. I suppose I could sell it, but in my mind at least, it seems better to give it to someone who'd use it (her).

Your thoughts?

POLL: Should he give his ex-girlfriend the telescope?

73% (344) Yes. She'd appreciate it.

26% (122) No. It would hurt her feelings.
466 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, error-s2_perl@dumbrellahosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at 127.0.0.100 Port 8181