forums

welcome! please login or register.

POLL RESULTS: Leftover resentment: (30 comments)
pages in this discussion: 1 2
TheOriginalJes
Lover

Jan 2008
Re: Leftover resentment (Score: 1)
posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 11:40 AM (#51685)
In Response to Wbird (#51683):

-"There is another Country on the continent with a different culture that has different rules on etiquette."-

Only one? ;^)

Locked profile
Thenodrin
Lover

May 2008
posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 10:29 PM (#51745)

For me, it depends on what she ordered.

I used to work with someone who, every time she went on a business lunch, ordered the biggest meal, with an extra side, an appitizer and a dessert and then took the leftovers home. I sat next to her, and when this happened, I could hear her call her husband to let him know she was bringing dinner home. It was obvious to me that she was using the business lunch to get a free dinner for her and her husband as well.

If a date were to order the biggest and/or most expensive meal, and then take most of it to go, that would bother me.

But, if a date were to order a normal meal and then keep the rest, I wouldn't think twice about it.

Theno

Locked profile
Shremedy
Lover

Jan 2010
posted Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 02:52 AM (#52125)
In Response to TheOriginalJes (#51684):

Taking a doggie bag means "she wasn't paying enough attention to him?" If she wasn't paying enough attention to him, he should have gotten that clue well before the meal ended, not the moment she asked for the to-go container. He's obsessing over the wrong detail, but may have actually arrived at the right conclusion -- was the writer in fact just not into him? That's the sense I get. If he was upset because he didn't get any nookie after paying the tab, well ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances -- that's the way dating's always been. It does seem like he's trying to make the (less-than-successful?) date her fault.
Locked profile
TheOriginalJes
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, January 29, 2010 - 08:45 AM (#52226)
In Response to Shremedy (#52125):

I'm discussing Ms. Leftovers' question to the forum, not her bad date. And, her question is about etiquette, not how Mr. December made her feel.

I'm not saying that his argument was correct. I'm supporting that on a first date (emphasis on first), taking home a doggie-bag sends a negative message of her intentions for accepting to go on the date at all.

Locked profile
Sputt
Lover

Feb 2010
posted Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 06:53 PM (#55037)

I say it's tacky to take the leftovers, date or not. "We're not here for the pleasant resturant, we're here because we're too lazy to cook ourselves and will squeeze every penny we can out of you!" I'm European, mind you, and I can't recall the last time I, or anyone I've dined with, had issues with finishing their meals - so it's obviously a bit different.

His mentioning it, however, is much, much worse. Sounds like he's insecure and wanted a reason to blame her for a date he considered to be bad.

Locked profile
pages in this discussion: 1 2
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.