forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: A Wheel Conundrum

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I am physically disabled, I have a broken back, and use a wheelchair. I have had some men flirt with me in bars, but it's always the "wrong guy". Why is my being in a chair a turn off to anyone who doesn't have a creepy fetish for sex on wheels? I'm young, I am hot (and yes I do know it), and I have tried several methods of dating. I just can't find a man or a woman who is interested in someone who is in a chair. It seems like that kills any compatibility.

I do know there could be other issues in a specific relationship, we are all human after all, but it just isn't getting past "Hey you're cute, oh... man... uh... uh..." The moment that they see the wheels. There is no consideration that I may like wild kinky bondage sex or may even just like sex at all.

I do take care of my own needs but it'd be nice to be intimate with someone else for a change. Do I need to get a tee shirt that says "My vagina works, does yours?"

POLL: What should she do?

16% (304) Online dating

12% (226) Church / social groups

70% (1293) Keep trying
1823 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.