forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Once bitten...

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I get lots of looks from good looking women in their 20s and 30s and up. When shopping, they appear in front of me, sometimes repeatedly. I have a full head of naturally brown hair, a trim athletic physique and look good in Levis, which I wear most of the time. I enjoy excellent health and expect to live another 20 or 30 years. I’m 72, have three married children and 12 grandchildren, nice cars, a good income, a beautiful home, a good education, and I’m a nice pleasant guy. I don’t date, although I’d like to.

My problem is that I was married for 37 years to a woman who cheated regularly. I endured it because I was committed to her. Eventually, she left against my wishes and a year or so later was diagnosed with a terminal disease and died 30 days later. How can I disregard the years of pain and at least date and enjoy the companionship that is obviously available? I just don’t seem to be able to take advantage of the opportunities available to me.

POLL: What should he do?

6% (96) Stay single

67% (1050) Get over it, and take a chance

26% (403) Tell me where he goes grocery shopping
1549 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, error-s2_perl@dumbrellahosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at 127.0.0.100 Port 8181