forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Once bitten...

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I get lots of looks from good looking women in their 20s and 30s and up. When shopping, they appear in front of me, sometimes repeatedly. I have a full head of naturally brown hair, a trim athletic physique and look good in Levis, which I wear most of the time. I enjoy excellent health and expect to live another 20 or 30 years. I’m 72, have three married children and 12 grandchildren, nice cars, a good income, a beautiful home, a good education, and I’m a nice pleasant guy. I don’t date, although I’d like to.

My problem is that I was married for 37 years to a woman who cheated regularly. I endured it because I was committed to her. Eventually, she left against my wishes and a year or so later was diagnosed with a terminal disease and died 30 days later. How can I disregard the years of pain and at least date and enjoy the companionship that is obviously available? I just don’t seem to be able to take advantage of the opportunities available to me.

POLL: What should he do?

6% (96) Stay single

67% (1050) Get over it, and take a chance

26% (403) Tell me where he goes grocery shopping
1549 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.