forums

welcome! please login or register.

POLL RESULTS: Caught Holding the Bag: (6 comments)

POLL: Caught Holding the Bag

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: Recently, by chance, I discovered a cloth handbag lying on the laundry room floor behind a chest of drawers. The bag contained the following items: a skimpy top that had plastic (I guess) push-ups in the bra, a skimpy pair of silk trunks, a small towel, a biobag (dog poop cleanup bag and we don’t have a dog) and a pair of socks belonging to my wife of 35 years. Also, she has been rude to me a lot lately and almost never has anything to say about what she does with her time, other than work, when she is not around. I haven’t let her know I discovered these items yet. My imagination has run wild. Am I overreacting? I have never seen her dress in anything like this.

POLL: Is his wife cheating?

79% (1202) Yes. He caught her red-handed

20% (311) No. There's a perfectly good explanation.
1513 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)
Prior_Semblance
Lover

Jul 2010
Re: Caught Holding the Bag (Score: 1)
posted Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:40 AM (#56587)

There's almost never a choice I like in the poll. For this one I would choose "Maybe." I can think of a couple possible reasons, like it being a friends, but theres also a chance there is no good explanation.

Locked profile
Murgatroyd
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Friday, July 30, 2010 - 01:39 AM (#56588)

Heh. He should put itching powder on the push-up bra inserts.

If they've been married for 35 years, I assume she's about 55. Not that many 55-year-old women would look good in skimpy shorts and a skimpy top ... would your wife? (Although that probably explains the push-ups.)

Also, she has been rude to me a lot lately and almost never has anything to say about what she does with her time, other than work, when she is not around.

Forget the cloth handbag and its contents. These are the signs your marriage is in trouble.

Locked profile
DanialArin
Lover

Apr 2009
posted Friday, July 30, 2010 - 08:18 AM (#56595)

Has your wife started hanging around with any teenagers or early-twenty-something, lately? Do you have a teenage daughter who might be rebelling?

Alternatively, it might be medical. Sudden personality shifts, especially wild ones, can be caused by brains tumors or sudden and wild hormone shifts. And don't take "It's not a toomah" for an answer until after she sees the doctor.

Medical or not, you won't find out without somebody asking a question. Whether you ask her yourself, or here a PI (and risk either the PI or his bill getting spotted), asking us and not her is not going to get you the answer you need.

Locked profile
Mutt
Lover

Aug 2008
posted Friday, July 30, 2010 - 08:40 PM (#56608)

Behind a chest of drawers sounds like it could have been there a while, and to be honest, It sounds exactly like a bag a myself/friend of mine/my sister would have had visiting, especially in the summer, just like a standard gone-swimming bag to me, which makes the poll results really surprise me.

"Lately" is a relative term. Has there been a stressful project at work in that time period? Major change in environment situations? Ect? Other than that, severe personality shifts really should be brought to a doctor very quickly, but that's as far as I understand. This sounds like a potential counselling situation to me.

Locked profile
spzeidler
Lover

Jan 2010
posted Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 02:20 AM (#56613)

I'm surprised by people here.

Has anyone heard of the word "menopause"?

You don't need to have a brain tumor to feel like something the cat threw up (and to be short-tempered as a result).

Locked profile
cptbeefalo
Lover

Nov 2009
posted Monday, August 02, 2010 - 09:14 AM (#56617)

I agree that this poll could use a "maybe" option, since there could be some other possibilities. Could it be that she's been feeling bad about herself and the shape she's in, and so begun working out secretly? Either way, ignoring the situation and the problems communicating won't make anything better. It may delude you into a false sense of security for a bit longer, but that will only make it that much worse if you find out something is going on. Sit down and talk about it (without being confrontational if you can).

Locked profile
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.