forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Husband's class act makes her want to drop out

Friday, December 24, 2010 - 12:00 AM

This week... My husband and I (both in our mid-40s) have been married for 18 years and have been together for about 25. He has been a teacher pretty much the whole time we've known each other, and he currently teaches at an all-girls school. To help keep things exciting in the bedroom, my husband and I occasionally like to engage in role playing. A week or so ago, he wanted me to pretend to be a naughty schoolgirl. I told him I wasn't comfortable with this and we should stick to more "grown up" fantasies. Since then, we haven't engaged in any kind of role playing at all. I made some suggestions, but he turned them down. When I asked what was going on, he said maybe we should take a little break from these role-playing fantasies. I can't ever recall him suggesting any kind of role playing that could be interpreted as job-related until now. There's really nothing to suggest he's getting any kind of side action (no suspicious phone calls, grooming habits, working longer hours, etc) but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned. I want to ask him if he's ever found a student attractive or if he's ever knowingly had a student who had a crush on him, but is there any way to do this without making it seem like I'm accusing him of something?
POLL: What should she do?

82% (1632) You need a refresher course. Your husband is working through his fantasies in a very healthy way.

0% (13) Put him on detention. He's up to no good. No role-playing until he straightens out.

16% (329) Pop quiz. Time to start asking some serious questions to see what curves he's grading on.
1974 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.