forums

welcome! please login or register.

POLL RESULTS: He likes his girl's head: (6 comments)

POLL: He likes his girl's head

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 12:00 AM

This week... Q.: For a while I've been trying to convince my girlfriend to shave her head. She's worried she'll look ugly, but I keep telling her that she'll be beautiful. However, she doesn't believe me. Is there any way I can convince her to take the plunge, or should I drop the subject.
POLL: How can he convince his girlfriend to shave?

4% (41) Tell her It's going to grow back. What's the big deal?

17% (168) Buy one of those fake bald-heads from a costume shop, and prove it to her.

76% (737) Dude, you're never going to convince her to shave off all her hair. Give it up.

1% (16) Dump her and find someone less follically-gifted
962 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)
Henchman21
Lover

Oct 2010
Re: He likes his girl's head (Score: 0)
posted Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 01:20 AM (#57861)

Honestly, I don't think you're likely to convince her to shave her head. Just the same, I appreciate the good old Sinead look, myself.

You might try pointing out other attractive bald women (they're out there. Not commonly, but they are there.) Offer to buy her a really nice wig (maybe that looks like her current hair style) so she can have hair in public and none at home. Or maybe just go for the bald wig approach.

At any rate, fun as coming up with suggestions might be, appearances aren't everything. If'n you can't date the girl because she won't shave her head, then there's probably some other issue to work out, anyway (etcedera, read through some old threads and I'm sure you'll get the idea if you didn't in the first place.)

Locked profile
Photonic_Dan
Lover

Jan 2010
posted Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 09:35 AM (#57863)

If he wants a Sinéad O'Connor Dyke all the power to him.

Locked profile
vorlonagent
Lover

Oct 2009
posted Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 12:59 PM (#57866)

The key here is to know when to back off.

The societal norm is hair. Society puts huge pressure on women to be "pretty" so even if she's game to lop the locks deep down, it's gonna be a stretch at best or she would already have done it. If you aren't being supportive and understanding already, it's game over for the chrome dome.

In the end she may not want to. In the end, your job is to love her for who she is not who you can make out of her. If you can't do that, do the both of you a favor and move on.

Locked profile
votecoffee
Lover

Jan 2011
posted Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 08:13 PM (#57867)

The serious answer: Really? Do you not get this? Her body, clothes, etc are an expression of her personality and individual tastes. She's not your doll. It's not about beauty. You're choking out her freedom and individuality. This seems a lot more about control or a selfish desire to get her to fulfill some weird fantasy that you have at the cost of her own happiness. Geez.

The fun answer: Although your chances of getting her to jump right in are low, there are a few tricks on the table. Help her befriend someone about to undergo chemo and then start a group of her close peers into the shave your head for the cancer friend deal. Then her peers will do the work for you! Or bribe her hair stylist to 'have an accident' that will make said request mandatory. If you have life insurance, there's ne'er a complaint about the effectiveness of hair removal creams. But seriously, talk to a psychiatrist about your bald dad issues.

Locked profile
NunyaBidness
Lover

Apr 2008
posted Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 12:43 AM (#57869)
In Response to votecoffee (#57867):

Bribing the stylist is not only unethical, it's almost certain to backfire. And no "accident" would require shaving the head.

It's nice that he has a fetish. He needs to find someone who likes the fetish, or keep it a fantasy. As you say, she's not a doll.

Of course, he could spend the money on a RealDoll with a shaved head...

Locked profile
abb3w
Lover

Jan 2008
posted Monday, January 10, 2011 - 12:54 AM (#57908)

Her hair, her head, her body, HER choice. That you have a preference is fine; that you're trying to impose it on her, is not.

I'd tactlessly suggest you get a clue and drop the subject before she gets a clue and then drops you.

Locked profile
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

Errors happen...we apologize for the inconvenience.

Dumbrella Hosting has encountered an unexpected error.

We've been notified and will look into it.