forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Mono relationship; poly problems

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: After my (monogamous) marriage dissolved a couple of years ago, I decided to return to the polyamarous lifestyle-- ie, open relationships. This actually worked out better than monogamous dating did for me, but then I reconnected with a very old friend whom I'd been in love with for a very long time, and things got romantic. I agreed to a monogamous relationship with her, but there's a problem. She knows that I am, by temperament, poly. She doesn't think I'm cheating on her, or that I'm going to, but she stresses constantly about the fact that I might want to have sex with another woman. Not that I would-- that I'd WANT to. I've told her she's enough for me, but that's not helping. It upsets her a lot. Any advice?
POLL: What should he do?

4% (44) Gradually work her into the polyamory lifestyle

40% (396) Keep reassuring her. You need to build trust.

54% (533) All women worry about their husband wanting to sleep with another woman. Your poly past doesn't make you special, pal.
973 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.