forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: May-December romance?

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: I'm a 26 year old gay male who is in a relationship with a 45 year old man. While I am absolutely crazy about my boyfriend, and have only felt my feelings deepen towards him, and his towards me, in the time we have been dating (6 months), I still sometimes feel troubled. Every once in a while, I wonder whether this is going to implode horrifically, whether I made a mistake by getting involved with a guy that much older than me, and other such things. But at the same time, I look forward to seeing him all the time, and feel truly complete when we are together. This is easily the most satisfying and healthy relationship I've had in my life, and I've had a history of severely dysfunctional relationships. Am I just building mountains out of molehills and looking for excuses to run away?
POLL: What should he do?

83% (442) Relax. Love is ageless. Enjoy what you've found.

16% (86) You're being realistic. You have to ask if this relationship is worth it to you.
528 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.