forums

welcome! please login or register.

POLL RESULTS: Free the cougar?: (4 comments)

POLL: Free the cougar?

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: Last fall, I met an much older, attractive woman at work. Mind you, she’s in her 60s. Yes, 60s. After our first date, we were intimate and the sparks flew. I assumed we’d be the dark-caramel Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. The sex was great. Although we never went out after that, she spent many evenings at my place. Then our red flags started popping up. Mine were working two part-time gigs and not driving. Hers were that she is still friends with her ex, and that she used her family as an excuse not to go out. She later explained that once in a while she needs her space and cuts everyone off. Another major red flag was that while she was at my place, she’d lie to her family about where she was. Then I friended her niece on Facebook. She was livid, and we got into a semi-heated argument over this and all of our red flags. I saw her once after that and we haven’t been together since January. Is it time to move on? Should the cougar be set free?
POLL: What should this cub do?

3% (58) Hang in there; give it time.

96% (1433) Let her go. she's not a cougar; she's a loon!
1491 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)
vorlonagent
Lover

Oct 2009
Re: Free the cougar? (Score: 0)
posted Friday, February 25, 2011 - 01:10 PM (#58404)

...Do we really have to spell it out for you?

Locked profile
spzeidler
Lover

Jan 2010
posted Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 06:22 AM (#58413)

I don't like the choices.

It's not a love affair, but it seems to be a fairly successful sexual relationship and could work out as a good friendship-with-benefits.

What is loony about wanting to continue to have great sex? She would have to turn into a man to make it acceptable?

Also, seeing that it seems to be considered a-ok to insult a woman who has a relationship with a younger man: is it irrational of her to want to keep it private?

Locked profile
NunyaBidness
Lover

Apr 2008
posted Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 08:51 AM (#58415)

If she thinks of FB as a stream to fish in, she may think you have designs on the niece, based on her own POV/experiences.

There's also the possible stigma of being older than you, to her family.

She's not necessarily a loon, but she is a different personality than you. It sounds like you're not that right for each other.

Locked profile
Sleddog
Lover

Feb 2009
posted Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 01:27 PM (#58434)

You don't free cougars. By the very definition of the term they free themselves. And I think she already has.

Locked profile
Discussion: POLL: Free the cougar? | Login/Create an Account | 4 comments
Threshold:  Locked
The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
Hell, let's face it, we're not responsible for anything; including the things we say, do, or think. And if you sue us because you think we are? Well, we're not responsible for that either.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.

200 OK

OK

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, error-s2_perl@dumbrellahosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20090110/2.8.0 mod_perl/2.0.7 Perl/v5.8.4 Server at 127.0.0.100 Port 8181