forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Get back on the horse?

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes... Q: My adult daughter recently got out of a long term abusive relationship. I am very happy she had the strength to do this. Now I want her to start dating and going out with her friends. I also encouraged her to get counseling because most women often repeat the behavior of finding the same type of guy over and over. I offered to watch the baby so she can go. Her friends are telling her she needs a cooling off period. I have seen this happen before. she sits home and gets lonely then she winds up calling him and taking him back. I realize this man will be a part of her life forever because they share a child but I think she will be much stronger and able to not take him back if she is busy and starts doing things with other people that she enjoys. What do you think? Get out there and start living or take some time?
POLL: What should this woman's daughter do?

67% (744) Get back out there and date as soon as possible

32% (363) Stay home and have a cooling-off period.
1107 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.