forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Workplace romance

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 10:44 AM

Q: I'm in my early 20s and am working at my first job. When I started I was lectured numerous times by friends etc. not to engage in interoffice dating.

But of course on my first day there I notice there's a really beautiful brunette girl. We ended up dating and she admitted to me that she had recently dated another guy in the office, that things had ended badly and that he had certain...ahem...sensitive pictures of her. He wouldn't leave her alone so she was forced to go to HR and he was moved to a seperate part of the company.

I was very concerned about this even though she was very upfront with me about it. Anyway one night I made a crack about her sleeping with our CEO (a stupid little office rumor) and she freaked out.

After that it felt like everytime we would get close to taking that "next step" physically or emotionally she would run away. Until finally she did, saying that we couldn't date because we worked together. So I put on a happy face and accepted that.

But now, six months later, she spends a lot of time with a male coworker. He even drove her car to work one day. Is it wrong of me to be upset if she's now dating someone else in the office?

POLL: What should he do?

89% (1502) Learn his lesson and move on

1% (17) Try to get her back

3% (60) Report the two to the CEO

5% (95) Make her jealous by dating the woman from accounting
1674 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.