forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Can't spell BOFF without BFF

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Q: I am getting a divorce and finding that I'm in love with my best friend. It seems that the two are related but they are not. I was already at the end of my marital rope when I discovered that my bff was the man of my dreams. He has been my best friend since 1986-7 and is someone that I talk to about everything. He has never interfered in my marriage and I never interrupted his relationships. We were the epitome of a platonic male/female friendship. Some of my friends say I should wait and get myself together first. My close friends say to get my man! If I could turn off my feelings for BFF, then I would so that we can get through this divorce. He has been part of my routine in life for the last quarter century and I am only 39. So what do I do now? I don't want to rebound. I don't want to ruin my longest friendship ever. I don't want to be stuck in something that is a mistake.

POLL: What should she do?

39% (648) Whoa! Hold your horses! If he's been you're BFF since the 80s, he'll still be around in another year.

21% (343) Slow down. You shouldn't date this guy until your divorce is final -- and then wait a little longer.

3% (54) Aw, heck! Go for it. This guy sounds like your soulmate.

1% (18) Go ahead and try it out with the BFF, but keep you other options open, too.

34% (566) You'd better find out how HE feels about all this first.
1629 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.