forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: High time to get out?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Q: I recently reconnected with my high school sweetheart after almost 10 years. Long story short, she was in a terrible situation and I offered to take her out of it. She moved in with me, and we had a joyous reunion. We started having bumps because I quit smoking weed. It was grossly overdue. I had an amazingly high intake, so the withdrawals (for lack of a better word) made me pretty grouchy. Very grouchy She was a huge help, I don't know if I could have done it so quickly (or at all) without her. During that time, she decided to go on the pill. She'd always had extremely trying periods, and the doctor said that the pill can go a long way towards ameliorating that. This is when our current problems began. She began having wild mood swings, going from screaming mad, saying horrible things and hating my guts, to depressed and sorry she was acting that way, to horny. It's been like living with an unexploded artillery shell, the slightest thing might set it off. It's been three months that she's been like this. I've been trooping on, but I'm so very tired of the cycle, the abusive shouting and treatment. I really love this girl, and she's just gotten off of the pills, both of us having realized the cause of her behaviour. I hope that she pulls out of this soon, because we're both at the end of our ropes. She's more depressed than ever, and my patience and good nature is running thin. She breaks up with me every two or three days, saying it would be the best thing for us. She always comes around, but it hurts and it's eating at me. I'd feel really bad about it, she was there for me while I was doing poorly. I don't really know what to do: Should we break up, or wait it out?

POLL: What should he do?

18% (135) Break up. This is not a good relationship.

71% (521) Wait it out. She was there for you, now it's your turn.

9% (71) Is it too late to start smoking again...?
727 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.