forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: "He still shares a bed with his ex..."

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Q: My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year, and we have really good chemistry, but there's one problem -- he still lives with his ex of 10 years. Not only that, but he also sleeps in the same bed with her every night. (When we first started dating and I spent the night, I had to sleep between them! But now she sleeps in the living room per my request.) I almost feel like I'm in a relationship with BOTH of them, because I have no choice but to see his ex. I understand that they've known each other a long time, but they have so much in common that I start to feel like the third wheel. My friend said it's unfair that he's still so involved with her, but my boyfriend and his ex seem to think there's nothing wrong with it. Times are tough, but it just seems like they depend on each other WAY more than they should, and they dont have plans to move away from each other any time soon. There's absolutely nothing going on between them romantically, but I can't help but feel bothered. Do I have a right to feel this way?

POLL: What should she do?

61% (1286) Times aren't THAT tough. Get out now. You don't need this guy.

31% (651) Put your foot down. If he wants to date you, he has to move out.

7% (156) There's probably nothing going on. Let it slide.
2093 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.