forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

POLL: Threesome minus one?

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 12:00 AM

A reader writes...

Q.: I have been in a relationship with an amazing woman for almost two years now. Our relationship started off rocky due to circumstances surrounding our getting together. Now our relationship is very strong, and has survived many trials (long distance, break taking).

In the last year my girlfriend has become interested in women sexually. I suppose you could say that she has become bisexual. I find this incredibly exciting, and have encouraged it at every turn. We both share our sexual fantasies about the subject, and everything is fine, usually. She has even had her first lesbian experience in my presence, I was allowed to watch, but not do anything with the other girl, due to circumstance.

This sort of leads to the problem. Whenever we talk about a possible threesome with another girl, my girlfriend is adamant that I will not be allowed to actually have sex with the other girl. Everything up to that point would be fair game according to her, but not the final act. In her eyes going all the way with the other girl would be tantamount to cheating, and she can't understand why I would want to do that. I think this is sort of an unfair distinction. In a sense, I can understand it, I will be allowed to do most anything she is capable of doing with a second girl. Even so, it still bothers me, and whenever the issue comes up she becomes angry or upset very quickly. I think she is perpetuating a double standard of a sort, given that I have supported her and given her approval to pursue sexual relationships with any women she likes, regardless of my presence (though I of course want to be included). Is she being fair or am I making too much of this?

POLL: What should he do?

24% (286) Play it cool. She'll warm up to the idea eventually.

59% (703) Be firm. No threesome unless everybody can participate.

15% (187) Break up. She's not really into you.
1176 people have voted in this poll. (This poll is not active.)

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.