forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

vip00
Lover

Jan 2013
Re: One-nighter (Score: 0)
posted Monday, January 21, 2013 - 02:33 PM (#62693)

I think a lot of people are out of touch with a lot of how modern dating culture works.

There's a great article in the Times from a few days ago that lays it out very well(visit here if you would like: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/fashion/the-end- of-courtship.html)

As for the original question - it sounds like you would be uncomfortable with the idea of everyone knowing that you slept with the guy. That means it's probably not worth it. Chances are the one night of sex is just not going to be so amazing that it'll make everything better.

On the other hand, you should ask yourself why you feel that way. Having sex is fun, enjoyable, and healthy if done in a safe way. You sound like you are young - the days of being labeled a slut for having purely sexual relationships are long behind us. It's something from a bygone era that some people cling to. The most important things are to know yourself and to be safe.

I'm 23 and my female friends are pretty evenly split between ones that have already picked a man and settled down and ones that are more interested in having fun. From what I hear, the ones that are still in it for fun tend to be happier, too. I'm sure by the time I get to 30, most people will be settling down, getting married, and having kids... but why worry about it before you're ready for it?

Locked profile

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.