forums

welcome! please login or register.

Original Comment:

JonahGrimm
Lover

Feb 2012
Re: POLL: I am what I am (Score: 0)
posted Friday, March 15, 2013 - 02:57 PM (#62844)

Okay, let's be honest.

You fell in love with your partner because he is who he is. You can sit and talk with him, you can ask him to reign it in in certain occasions, you can try to change him... but it doesn't work. It won't work.

Either you love him because of his faults, or you've taken him on as a project. One of these is healthy, one isn't.

By the way, this doesn't mean you can't talk to your partner about things that are actually wrong.. When I'm an ass, my wife calls me on it. However, being a loud and somewhat overexuberant fellow isn't bad behavior, it's just who I am - if she tried to change that, it wouldn't go well. The distinction is there: if your partner's generally behaving well, but you're just embarrassed? That's not really his problem. Offer your feelings, but you can't expect him to become someone else.

Locked profile

This discussion has been locked. Feel free to start a new one to share your wisdom with us.

(C) 2005 Brad J. Guigar. All rights reserved. Use of content or images without the consent of the author is prohibited.